Mac & Cheese is often misinterpreted as a children’s menu item. However, it is nothing short of a fantastic meal that can be enjoyed by all! You can get creative with the traditional Mac & Cheese and incorporate unique elements to elevate the dish.
There are infinite possibilities of ingredients that can go on top or within the dish. Vegetables are often neglected in Mac & Cheese dishes, but we think they are an excellent addition! Add in sautéed, caramelized onions, mushrooms, peppers and broccoli. Sun dried tomatoes also add a hint of flavour!
If you don’t fancy vegetables, add in your favourite protein such as: steak, ground beef, pulled pork, sausage, shrimp, crab, lobster or even tofu.
Now it’s time for you to make your own customized Mac & Cheese! To get you started, our friends at Pier 87 Fish Market & Grill (located in our market) are sharing their Lobster Mac & Cheese recipe:
Mac & Cheese Recipe
- 16 oz Macaroni
- 240 ml Cream
- 4 g Sodium Citrate
- 4 oz Chedder
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 oz Goat Cheese
- 3 oz Parmesan
- 1 tps Dry Mustard
- 1 tps Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- Dash of sirriacha
- Bring salted water to a boil and add noodles. Cook 8 – 10 minutes (Be careful to not overcook the noodles).
- Drain pasta and toss with butter in pan until well coated. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring the cream to a simmer.
- Whisk in sodium citrate until fully dissolved.
- While maintaining a gentle simmer, add cheddar cheese in small increments.
- Add the remaining ingredients: parmesan cheese, cream cheese, goat cheeses. Heat until melted.
- Once all the cheese is added and you notice the sauce is smooth and glossy, blend in the hot sauce, mustard powder, and garlic powder.
- (Season with salt, if necessary.)
Share your creation on social media by tagging @shopmarketandco and using hastag #marketcorecipe