Turkey is undoubtedly the star of the Thanksgiving table. Nothing is worse than having a dry, bland tasting bird. In this demonstration and interactive workshop with Chef Maxine Knight, in partnership with York Region, you will learn the ins and outs of creating a beautiful, juicy and tender turkey. Participants will receive a tutorial on spatchcocking, brining, cooking times, how to approach seasoning, serving styles and making gravy. You will even learn time-saving techniques to create the perfect bird (…for perfect leftovers!). Speaking of leftovers, learn how to turn your leftover turkey into creative meals for the week with a demonstration of how to make a turkey pot pie with all the fixings!
- Demonstration & guidance by a professional chef;
- Creative and inspiring meal plan ideas;
- Taste discovery of turkey creations;
- Selection of Thanksgiving leftovers recipes.
PLAN, PREPARE AND ENJOY GOOD FOOD TOGETHER:
York Region, in recognition of the importance of eating healthy, home-cooked meals, made with fresh, local ingredients has put together a cooking series in partnership with Market & Co that incorporates essential skills that will help you plan, prepare and enjoy meals that you can be proud to serve. With the help of some simple tips and tools saving time, money and food waste can become a reality, one meal at a time. The cooking workshops are a combination of demo and hands-on practice that will provide you with the confidence and know how to start planning and creating your own fresh, delicious meals at home, while wasting less and saving more.
Plan. Prepare. Enjoy.
The Good Food program helps you plan, prepare and enjoy healthy family meals more, while wasting less. With the help of our simple tips and tools saving time, money and food waste can become a reality, one meal at a time.
- Suitable for ages 18+.
- Proceeds to support the Newmarket Food Pantry.
- Participants are advised to wear closed toe shoes.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products in the class.
- Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early to leave plenty of time to find parking and beat traffic. This will allow the class to start on time for the enjoyment of all guests.
Chef Maxine Knight
Maxine Knight is a classically trained Chef and Registered Holistic Nutritionist on a mission to educate, empower and make eating well attainable and accessible to all. She is passionate about food, sharing her knowledge and bringing people together over cooking while building community and retaining culture. With 20 years’ experience in the culinary industry, and 12 years as a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, Maxine uses her extensive knowledge and expertise to make learning fun while creating fabulously delicious, nutrient dense meals, that fuel and energize the body.