Join April of Zen & Tonic, along with Humble Roots in the kitchen as they guide you on how to “cold care” this season with an enriching tea mixology workshop. Tea mixology is the art of respectfully combining different tea and herb leaves to produce harmony on the palate and offer specific medicinal properties. April Cockshutt, who is a Clinical Herbalist will extend her deep knowledge in the unique identity of various teas and guide you on how to make your own tea blend. Guests will learn the benefits of different herbs used in tea blends and their health advantages. In this workshop you will make your own tea blend to take home and enjoy. Tea will also be served to savour in class with a signature Humble Roots Organics treat.
- Tea Mixology Lesson by a Certified Nutritional Practitioner;
- Make & Take Home Your Tea Blend Creation;
- Sip a Complimentary Tea & Treat Pairing;
- Printed Tea Recipes;
- Receive an exclusive 10% off your same-day tea purchase at Humble Roots Organics when you redeem your class ticket.
- Kids under the age of 12 must remain accompanied by an adult.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products in the class.
April is a clinical herbalist and Certified Nutritional Practitioner (CNP). April graduated with honours from Sir Wilfrid Laurier University in International Business and Marketing. After working in corporate, she knew she hadn’t found her true calling. When she tried acupuncture and herbal medicine, however, she discovered something that she could truly believe in. Her passion is using pure, natural and holistic methods to help individuals reach their optimal health, as this is how she cured her own digestive complaints. April’s goal is to provide her clients with the tools and education needed to heal their underlying issues in order to lead a life full of energy, vitality and positivity for year to come. With the use of hand blended herbal remedies, supplementation, key nutritional and lifestyle changes, April partners with her clients to provide them the ongoing support they need to succeed! Outside of Zen & Tonic, April is an avid athlete, participating in a variety of adventure sports, including obstacle course racing, marathon running, and cyclocross. She also loves travelling the world and spending time with her partner and furry child, Mojito.