Join John Beram of Seed to Sausage in the kitchen to take in the history of butchery in Toronto. John will guide you through a demonstration as he breaks down beef primal loins into your favourite BBQ ready steak cuts. Uncover the best steak value in the loin and discuss flavour profiles of each steak. Taste the best selling steak at Seed to Sausage – the Prince Edward Island Grass Fed. Take an in-depth look at how for generations, Island cattle have been raised on small family-farms and how salt air, iron-rich soil, and rolling pastures, without the use of growth hormones, produce healthy, stress-free animals and result in incredible steak. This class is intimate, fun and jam-packed with useful knowledge, all delivered with the passion for which Seed to Sausage is known for.
- Demonstration & history lesson by an expert;
- Taste Tour of the best selling steak;
- Inspiration and know-how.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products in the class.
John, in addition to his butchering skills, is a member of the Toronto Historical Society and speaks often on subjects to the Society. John digs deep into the past to bring local history of the Toronto area alive.