Join Mark Hayhoe of k2 Milling to learn about the benefits of sourdough breads and the technique of using wild yeast in the baking process. Mark will guide participants through the milling process and the benefits of eating whole ingredient bread, along with the difference this makes on digestion and good health. During this workshop, guests will enjoy Our Farm fresh Rye Sourdough Bread with Cheese accompaniments and wine. Plus, each guest will bring home a loaf of the popular Our Farm Spelt & Rye Sourdough Bread as well as 250g of their signature 20 year old rye starter to bake their own bread at home. Participants will also receive step-by-step feeding instruction to keep the starter alive to ensure baking success at home.
- Lesson by Miller Mark Hayhoe of k2 Milling;
- Taste Freshly Baked Rye Sourdough Bread with Cheese Accompaniments;
- Complimentary Glass of Wine;
- Take Home a Loaf of the Our Farm Spelt & Rye Sourdough Bread;
- Take Home 250g of the Our Farm 20 Year Old Rye Starter;
- Receive an exclusive 10% off your same day purchase at Our Farm with your class registration confirmation.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 21 or older.
- Kids under the age of 12 must remain accompanied by an adult.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
k2 Milling is an artisanal flour mill that operates as a continuation of the Hayhoe family’s 128 year legacy (1891-2019) in the milling industry in Ontario. k2 Milling has a truly unique milling technique that was developed in-house for artisanal, kraft milling and the retention of flavour. Owner Mark Hayhoe [Captain Flour] has been milling for 28 years. His intensive knowledge and care combined with an irreplaceable passion for milling, enables his mill to create the quality milled products for which they are known.