Zesty and sweet, oranges are the most popular citrus fruit, mainly due to their juicy taste, high concentration of health boosting compounds and Vitamins; Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Iron and Calcium to name a few. Oranges make the perfect snack and add a special tang and brightness to many recipes. Join Giancarlo Trimarchi in the kitchen to explore these nutritious delights and discover how easy it is to add these to any dish. Guests will try unique types of oranges such as minneola, blood Orange, navel, and mandarin and appreciate their unique flavours and aromas. And finally, guess will learn how to choose the appropriate type for your dish and what season to buy each.
- Tutorial on Health Benefits and Uses;
- Enjoy Various Types of Oranges
- Kids under the age of 12 must remain accompanied by an adult.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products created in the class.
Giancarlo Trimarchi is a Partner of Vince’s Market, a regional independent grocer with five locations and a central commissary surrounding the GTA and a current member of the Board of Directors for CFIG. Giancarlo is a second-generation grocer and his primary responsibilities are as the organization’s Chief Financial Officer and Director of Marketing. Having grown up in the business, Giancarlo learned that their business was only as strong as the team that supported it – including the customers, vendors and the community it served. Giancarlo takes a collaborative approach, involving as many stakeholders as he can in sharing the mutual success. This approach aligns with customers looking to connect on a values-level with retailers and brands and with the goal of building longer lasting loyalty.