Are you trying to cook more often but don’t have time? We have some tips and tricks to help you create healthy fast meals! Join our Public Health Dietitian and our guest Dietitian, Shadzadi Devje to learn about ‘planned overs’ and how to take one recipe and turn it into two! This hands-on workshop will help you turn ‘planned over’ chicken, roasted vegetables and rice into delicious budda bowls, fried rice and flatbread pizza. Don’t miss out. Space is limited.
- Hands-on instructions & guidance to prepare a variety of recipes;
- All supplies and ingredients;
- An opportunity to taste your delicious culinary creations;
- Nutrition resources and recipes to support your efforts to cook more often.
PLAN, PREPARE AND ENJOY GOOD FOOD TOGETHER:
York Region, in recognition of the importance of eating healthy, home-cooked meals, made with fresh, local ingredients has put together a cooking series in partnership with Market & Co that incorporates essential skills that will help you plan, prepare and enjoy meals that you can be proud to serve. With the help of some simple tips and tools saving time, money and food waste can become a reality, one meal at a time. The cooking workshops are a combination of demo and hands-on practice that will provide you with the confidence and know how to start planning and creating your own fresh, delicious meals at home, while wasting less and saving more.
Plan. Prepare. Enjoy.
The Good Food program helps you plan, prepare and enjoy healthy family meals more, while wasting less. With the help of our simple tips and tools saving time, money and food waste can become a reality, one meal at a time.
- Hair Tied Back
- Closed Toe Shoes
- Remove Large Jewellery
- Suitable for ages 18+.
- Proceeds to support the Newmarket Food Pantry.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products in the class.
- Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early to leave plenty of time to find parking and beat traffic. This will allow the class to start on time for the enjoyment of all guests.