Still feel like you’re coming off a Holiday food hangover? Learn the secrets to cooking healthy, lean and delicious fish that’s good for you and the oceans too. Join chef Veronica Mal as she demonstrates how you can use readily-available and nutrient-rich ingredients to transform classic comfort foods like tacos and nachos into heart-healthy (and fun!) meals for the whole family.
ON THE MENU:
- Tandoori Fish “Tacos” – Baked MSC certified cod served in lettuce cups, quinoa salad, radish slaw, minted yogurt and corn chip crumble;
- Lime & Ancho Chili Tuna “Nachos” – MSC certified tuna seared tataki style, layered with baked pita chips, black bean and corn salad, pico de gallo, avocado, sprouts & seedlings.
- Chef Mal will use only MSC certified sustainable seafood so you can feel good that you’re helping to keep oceans healthy and wild seafood around for generations to come!
- Professional Demo and Multi-Course Dinner;
- Complimentary Glass of Red or White Wine;
- Take-Home Recipes;
- Receive an exclusive 10% off same-day purchases at Pier 87 when you redeem your class ticket.
In Partnership with the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC)
The Marine Stewardship Council is an international non-profit certification program for wild, traceable and sustainable seafood. It is dedicated to maintaining a world-class standard that makes it easy for everyone to choose seafood that helps keep oceans healthy and fish stocks sustainable for generations to come.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 21 or older.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Both dishes served available as gluten and dairy-free.
- Products in image may vary from actual dishes served.
Chef Veronica Mal is known for being the positive Jill-of-all-trades in the foodservice industry. From cooking classes, catering, planning events, content creation and collaboration, Veronica does it all and always with a smile! Her passion for food and curiosity brought her into many culinary journeys around the world where she keeps exploring different flavours and cooking techniques. Sensitive to the environmental challenges we are facing, Veronica loves to work with sustainable food and strong women who think alike. Follow Her @mscheffy