The busy Fall means back-to-school, back to the grind and back to a hectic schedule. But it doesn’t have to mean unhealthy lunches on the run. Lunch can be quick, healthy and smart with a little know-how and pre-planning. Join Baker Mariangela Vivas of Our Farm Organic Bakery in the kitchen as she takes you on culinary journey to create two healthy lunch menus featuring Our Farm breads. Her demonstration will provide tips and smart tricks followed by a sampling of each for guests to enjoy. Next up, get hand-on with Mariangela as she guides you to create a fun mini-sandwich to enjoy. Participants will have a chance to win a Bento Lunch Box, valued at $50!
- Lesson by a professional baker;
- Enjoy a sampling of two lunch menu ideas;
- Create your very own mini-sandwich;
- Chance to win a bento lunch box;
- Receive an exclusive $5 off coupon redeemable at Our Farm, valid thru to September 30, 2019.
- Both parents and kids are welcome to participate. Kids under the age of 12 must remain accompanied by an adult.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products in the class.
Mariangela Vivas originally co-founded Our Farm Organic Bakery exclusively as a wholesale bakery for about three years before opening its doors to the public. The concept allowed the community to purchase freshly baked organic products using ingredients from local farms. Their specialty is sourdough and breads made using spelt, a grain which produces a dense, tough-to-bake bread, but offers a diverse level of healthy properties, containing about fifty percent more protein than most wheat breads. Today, Our Farm offers a wide assortment of baked goods including delicious cookies and with several gluten free options.