Did you know April 11th is National Poutine Day? Melty, cheesy, salty and meaty—poutine combines so many incredible flavours and textures into one bowl, it’s hard to believe poutine is still so undiscovered among most of the world!
How do you like your poutine? Rich beef gravy or light chicken gravy? Classic french fries or triple-cooked fries? Bite-sized squeaky cheese curds or melty cheese? You be the judge at our first annual Poutine Fest! Join Chef Julian Pancer as he hosts four of our finest merchants presenting their signature poutines with carefully selected beverage pairings. Each merchant will battle it out as they try and earn the People’s Choice Award, based on your scoring!
- Taste 4 Unique Poutines;
- Taste 4 Beverage Pairings (3 Beers, 1 Beverage);
- Participate in the Judging;
- Learn History & Fun Facts by Chef Julian Pancer;
- Receive an exclusive $10 Dine-In Gift Card to Union Chicken.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 19 years or older.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products in the class.
Julian Pancer is a Red Seal Chef and is Co-Owner of The Chef Upstairs, an acclaimed cooking studio in Vaughan. He is also co-owner of Pancer's Original Deli, a Toronto landmark since 1957 and family owned for 4 generations. He is a graduate of the George Brown Chef School and has learned his trade working with many talented chefs. His experience includes Trump Hotel & Tower in Toronto, Sous Chef at Ciao Wine Bar in Yorkville and Head Chef at The Tavern by Trevor. His high energy, charisma and creativity wows guests and inspires them to discover their inner chef. As an educator in his trade, he understands the importance of safety in the kitchen, has a knack to host, entertain and teach large groups and appreciates the need to drive subtle branding messages to engage the consumer. His fun and witty character make him especially effective with kids easing them to try new ingredients and creatively explore food in a hands-on environment.