The rainbow bagel – a majestic food item that went viral a few years ago is still creating a buzz with various interpretations all over Pinterest®. In this hands-on workshop, you will not only learn to master the Montreal Style Bagel, but learn the techniques to create this happiness inducing rainbow baked good.
Our Farm Head Baker Jorge Canelon, will guide you through making this classic and wondrous breakfast treat while sharing the trade secrets of hand rolling a bagel along with a dash of insight into what makes the Montreal Bagel so special. Learn the technique to mix the perfect bagel as well as the art of creating the alluring rainbow effect. You will be taught how to top your bagel using boiling honey water along with tradition ingredients such as poppy seeds, sesame seeds, black sesame seeds or a mix. In fact, you will create 6 delicious bagels to take home! And finally, indulge in one of your freshly baked bagels with your choice of beautiful spreads by Western Cream Cheese…yum!
- Hands-on lesson by a head baker;
- All ingredients & supplies;
- Enjoy one of your freshly baked bagel with Western Cream Cheese;
- Take home an assortment of Rainbow Bagels;
- Receive an exclusive 10% off your same day purchase at Our Farm with your class registration confirmation.
- Hair Tied Back
- Suitable for tween, teens and adults. Kids under the age of 12 must remain accompanied by an adult.
- Allergy Alert – please note nuts, seeds and coconut are used during this workshop. We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early to leave plenty of time to find parking and beat traffic. This will allow the class to start on time for the enjoyment of all guests.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products in the class.
Jorge Canelon originally founded Our Farm Organic Bakery exclusively as a wholesale bakery for about three years before opening its doors to the public. The concept allowed the community to purchase freshly baked organic products using ingredients from local farms. His specialty is sourdough and breads made using spelt, a grain which produces a dense, tough-to-bake bread, but offers a diverse level of healthy properties, containing about fifty percent more protein than most wheat breads.