January 15th marks National Bagel Day! They are smaller, thinner, sweeter and denser, with a larger hole, and are usually baked in a wood-fired oven. But why is this Montreal Bagel thought to be superior? Learn why in this hands-on baking workshop. Our Farm Head Baker Jorge Canelon, will guide you through making these classic treats while sharing the trade secrets of hand rolling a bagel. Learn the technique to mix the perfect bagel as well as the art of topping it using boiling honey water. In fact, you will create 6 delicious bagels to take home! Next you will top off your bagels with tradition ingredients such as poppy seeds, sesame seeds, black sesame seeds or a mix of both sesame seeds. And finally, indulge in one of your freshly baked bagels with beautiful spreads by Western Cream Cheese (Plain, Chive or Smoked Salmon)…yum!
- Guidance and instructions by a professional bake;
- All ingredients & supplies;
- Take home an assortment of 6 bagels;
- Taste a freshly baked bagel with Western Cream Cheese;
- Receive an exclusive 10% off your same day purchase at Our Farm with your class registration confirmation.
- Hair Tied Back
- Suitable for ages 8+. Kids under the age of 12 must remain accompanied by an adult.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products created in the class.
Jorge Canelon originally founded Our Farm Organic Bakery exclusively as a wholesale bakery for about three years before opening its doors to the public. The concept allowed the community to purchase freshly baked organic products using ingredients from local farms. His specialty is sourdough and breads made using spelt, a grain which produces a dense, tough-to-bake bread, but offers a diverse level of healthy properties, containing about fifty percent more protein than most wheat breads.