Join Village Juicery for this hands-on fermentation workshop. Learn how to make your own sauerkraut while certified holistic nutritionist, Danielle Wiens, walks you through flavour pairings and discusses the history and health benefits of fermented foods. Everyone will leave the class with a basic understanding of safe fermentation practices as well as the important do’s and don’ts of fermenting.
- Learn the fundamentals and wellness benefits of fermentation from a certified Nutritionist;
- Receive a recipe card with complete instructions on how to make your own sauerkraut at home;
- Take-home jars of the sauerkraut made in class;
- Receive an exclusive juice card to be used for one free juice at the Village Juicery Market & Co location.
- Suitable for ages 12+.
- All juices and products provided are certified organic and vegan.
- Note that this workshop is a part of a larger fermentation series put on by Danielle Wiens and Village Juicery. Please see the online calendar for more fermentation workshops.
- Allergy Alert – please note nuts, seeds and coconut are used during this workshop. We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early to leave plenty of time to find parking and beat traffic. This will allow the class to start on time for the enjoyment of all guests.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products in the class.
Danielle Wiens is a Certified Holistic Nutritionist practising out of Toronto. Her interest in nutrition started from an early age when she first started suffering from serious health complications. After restoring her own health, her personal application of nutrition expanded, leading her to further her studies in nutrition. After graduating with first class honours from the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, Danielle has been focusing on helping others find natural methods of healing. Her practice is built upon helping others restore their relationship to food. Through workshops, retreats and lectures, Danielle hopes that she can inspire others to connect with their food and themselves.