At the core of every good cook is a strong set of knife skills and a deep respect and understanding for everything the knife touches. Chef Julian Pancer will be sharing over 15 years of professional experience, as participants are given a full scope of all things knife. Avoiding food waste will be the main focal point of this workshop, in partnership with York Region, and as such, participants will be advised on minimizing waste through honed knife skills and education of how to use everything. This cooking class will cover knife care and maintenance, as well as instructions on how to choose the right knife for the job and how to build an ideal set. Participants will be given a cornucopia of meats, fruits, and vegetables and will be guided through all styles of cuts and cooking methods. Needless to say, participants will be eating everything they prepare, so bring an appetite!
- Hands-on instructions & guidance by a professional chef;
- All supplies and ingredients;
- Knives for lesson provided (or choose to bring your own sharp knives);
- Complimentary welcome beverage & charcuterie;
- Enjoy your delicious culinary creations.
PLAN, PREPARE AND ENJOY GOOD FOOD TOGETHER:
York Region, in recognition of the importance of eating healthy, home-cooked meals, made with fresh, local ingredients has put together a cooking series in partnership with Market & Co that incorporates essential skills that will help you plan, prepare and enjoy meals that you can be proud to serve. With the help of some simple tips and tools saving time, money and food waste can become a reality, one meal at a time. The cooking workshops are a combination of demo and hands-on practice that will provide you with the confidence and know how to start planning and creating your own fresh, delicious meals at home, while wasting less and saving more.
Plan. Prepare. Enjoy.
The Good Food program helps you plan, prepare and enjoy healthy family meals more, while wasting less. With the help of our simple tips and tools saving time, money and food waste can become a reality, one meal at a time.
- Hair Tied Back
- Closed Toe Shoes
- Remove Large Jewellery
- Suitable for ages 18+.
- Proceeds to support the Newmarket Food Pantry.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products in the class.
- Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early to leave plenty of time to find parking and beat traffic. This will allow the class to start on time for the enjoyment of all guests.
Julian Pancer is a Red Seal Chef and is Co-Owner of The Chef Upstairs, an acclaimed cooking studio in Vaughan. He is also co-owner of Pancer's Original Deli, a Toronto landmark since 1957 and family owned for 4 generations. He is a graduate of the George Brown Chef School and has learned his trade working with many talented chefs. His experience includes Trump Hotel & Tower in Toronto, Sous Chef at Ciao Wine Bar in Yorkville and Head Chef at The Tavern by Trevor. His high energy, charisma and creativity wows guests and inspires them to discover their inner chef.