Strong knife skills can dramatically improve food prep in the kitchen turning daunting recipes into a cinch. Join Chef Julian Pancer in the kitchen for this hand-on workshop as he guides you on how to choose a knife, how to hold and move it efficiently and important safety tips. You will also learn which 3 knives are essential for every chef, what Honing vs, Sharpening means, and all the essential knife cuts; julienne, dice and mincing. How to properly cut onions, mince garlic, cut peppers, etc. As you learn these new skills, you will be creating various dishes to enjoy family-style as a group. This newly acquired knowledge is sure to save you time in the kitchen and impress the family!
- Hands-On Instructions & Guidance by a Professional Chef;
- All Ingredients & Supplies;
- Knives For Lesson Provided;
- Complimentary Cocktail;
- Complimentary Canapé;
- Enjoy Your Delicious Culinary Creations;
- Complimentary Market & Co. Shopping Tote.
- Tie Back Hair;
- Closed Toe Shoes;
- Remove Large Jewellery.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products created in the class.
Julian Pancer is a Red Seal Chef and is Co-Owner of The Chef Upstairs, an acclaimed cooking studio in Vaughan. He is also co-owner of Pancer's Original Deli, a Toronto landmark since 1957 and family owned for 4 generations. He is a graduate of the George Brown Chef School and has learned his trade working with many talented chefs. His experience includes Trump Hotel & Tower in Toronto, Sous Chef at Ciao Wine Bar in Yorkville and Head Chef at The Tavern by Trevor. His high energy, charisma and creativity wows guests and inspires them to discover their inner chef. His fun and witty character make him especially effective with kids easing them to try new ingredients and creatively explore food in a hands-on environment.