Kids are invited to join Chef Maxine Knight of the York Region Food Network for a hands on cooking class to learn how to make Stuffed Pizza Pretzels along with a Seasonal Salad and delicious homemade dressing. Kids will gain an understanding of making yeast dough, how to form a pizza pretzel, appropriate ingredients and learn how to make a simple vinaigrette and salad. Chef Maxine will also cover basic knife skills such as how to hold a knife correctly and how to chop, slice and dice. Let’s get cooking!
- Hands-On Guidance by a Professional Chef;
- Learn Culinary Techniques & Important Safety Tips;
- Explore Basic Knife Skills;
- All Supplies and Ingredients;
- Enjoy a Pizza Pretzel Lunch Created by You.
- Open to kids ages 7-11. Kids must remain accompanied by an adult.
- Parents/Guardians are not required to purchase a separate ticket.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products in the class.
Maxine Knight is a classically trained Chef and Registered Holistic Nutritionist on a mission to educate, empower and make eating well attainable and accessible to all. She is passionate about food, sharing her knowledge and bringing people together over cooking while building community and retaining culture. With 20 years experience in the culinary industry, and 12 years exploring nutrition, Maxine uses her extensive knowledge and expertise to make learning fun while creating fabulously delicious, nutrient dense meals, that fuel and energize the body.