Plant-based cooking doesn’t have to be intimidating, nor does it have to mean vegan! A plant-based or plant-forward eating style focuses on foods primarily from plants. This includes not only fruits and vegetables, but also seeds, nuts, oils, whole grains, legumes and beans. It doesn’t mean that you are vegetarian or vegan and avoid eating meat or dairy. Rather, you are proportionately choosing more of your foods from plant sources.
Join Chef Doris Fin as she guides you on how to spruce up your meals with quick, easy, flavourful, and nutritious plant-based tricks using seasonal fresh produce. With her approachable methods and fun energy, she will help introduce you to the plant-based lifestyle, guiding you on seasoning and flavour balancing and daily meal planning inspiration. From food storage and preparation techniques to money saving tricks, this intro to plant-based cooking is loaded with valuable insight.
- Demonstration and guidance by a professional chef;
- Learn techniques for food preparation and proper storage;
- Uncover money saving tips;
- Daily meal planning inspiration;
- Enjoy samples of recipes prepared during the demonstration;
- Receive take-home printed recipes.
- Register today, as space is limited.
- All recipes are gluten-free.
- Suitable for tween, teens and adults. Kids under the age of 12 must remain accompanied by an adult.
- Allergy Alert – please note nuts, seeds and coconut are used during this workshop. We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early to leave plenty of time to find parking and beat traffic. This will allow the class to start on time for the enjoyment of all guests.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products in the class.
An award-winning chef, Doris Fin specializes in sustainable plant-based cuisine, teaches interactive culinary classes, caters private events, and is currently working on her cookbook, “Gather Cook Feast”. As she inspires others to return to the kitchen, she makes gathering, cooking, and feasting upon ingredients fun and educational for all ages. Follow her @chefdorisfin