The barbecue may be in hibernation mode, but that doesn’t mean you have to do without great steak. Join Seed to Sausage Chef Richard Gillis as he shares his winter cooking techniques without a barbeque. He’ll cover different cuts, preparation tips, seasoning options, searing and cooking techniques, ground rules and more. Plus, Chef Gillis will take you on a taste test tour to understand the distinct difference between a typical grocery store steak vs. a premium butcher shop steak. You be the judge!
- How-To Instructions by Chef Richard Gillis;
- Tips & Insider Techniques;
- Enjoy 3 Perfectly Cooked Steaks with Accompaniments;
- Taste-Off: Grocery Store Steak vs. Butcher Shop Steak.
- Kids under the age of 12 must remain accompanied by an adult.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products in the class.
Chef Richard Gillis began his cooking career by studying culinary management at Humber College. He later trained in classic French cuisine and has worked under Toronto’s finest chefs, including as grill cook at Scaramouche restaurant in Toronto, Ontario. He is a gold medal winner in the Canadian Culinary Olympics and a member of the Canadian Federation of Chefs and Cooks (CFCC). Chef Gillis now works as the Chef de Cuisine at Seed to Sausage restaurant.