Entertaining this summer and want to present a healthy option? Avocados transform a simple dip into a powerhouse when it comes to the vitamins and minerals that your body needs – from cell growth and metabolism to healthy skin and hair to a host of other benefits. Join Baker Mariangela Vivas of Our Farm Organic Bakery in the kitchen as she takes you on culinary journey to create two outstanding appetizers featuring guacamole. Upon arrival, enjoy a beautiful virgin mojito to sip. Next up, get hands-on with Mariangela and learn how to make classic fresh salsa and guacamole, from scratch, paired with Our Farm focaccia crisps. The second style you will learn is fresh guacamole on Our Farm baguette crisps – a lovely bite size appetizer. Once the cooking is complete, enjoy these tasty guacamole appetizers as a group. Crunch, yum!
- Hands-on guidance by a professional baker;
- Complimentary welcome drink;
- Create two guacamole appetizers;
- Enjoy a serving of each appetizer;
- Receive an exclusive 10% off your same day purchase at Our Farm with your class registration confirmation.
- Suitable for ages 7+. Kids under the age of 12 must remain accompanied by an adult.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products in the class.
Mariangela Vivas originally co-founded Our Farm Organic Bakery exclusively as a wholesale bakery for about three years before opening its doors to the public. The concept allowed the community to purchase freshly baked organic products using ingredients from local farms. Their specialty is sourdough and breads made using spelt, a grain which produces a dense, tough-to-bake bread, but offers a diverse level of healthy properties, containing about fifty percent more protein than most wheat breads. Today, Our Farm offers a wide assortment of baked goods including delicious cookies and with several gluten free options.