What is better for social gatherings than a delicious cheese and charcuterie assortment presented on a beautiful board. Join Seed to Sausage Founder Mike McKenzie along with Skyler Van Dyk as they teach you the elements of crafting a swoon worthy charcuterie and cheese board. Taste and assess each component and gain insight into why certain cheese complements each other and what to look for when shopping. Discover an array of condiments that you can add to your board to wow your guests along with inspiring entertaining tips. Plus, learn about why sparkling wine makes a perfect pairing by Scott Vader, Eastern Ontario Sales Rep for Vineland Estates.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- What Cheese Goes with what Charcuterie;
- Display Principles;
- Understanding Shelf-Life and Storage Considerations.
- Taste an Assortment of Signature Seed to Sausage Charcuterie;
- Enjoy an Array of Artisan Canadian Cheese;
- Enjoy a Complimentary Glass of Vineland Estates Sparkling Wine.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 21 or older.
- Kids under the age of 12 must remain accompanied by an adult.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
Michael McKenzie is founder and president of Seed to Sausage Corp. which is based in Sharbot Lake. His journey began as a hobby, fueled by a desire for DIY meats, but using the recipes of others. He learned about the trade by visiting with small-scale salami makers around the world. He found there were few options for artisanal cured meats here in Ontario, so he decided he was ready to go from the guy who made salami for friends to a small-business owner selling his own premium cured meats. He honed his skills, studying and working alongside chefs and sausage makers in Europe, before opening his doors officially. Today Seed to Sausage has a wide range of products available from which to choose with several locations including Market & Co.