Merry Cruciferous! This workshop is all about the green vegetables you need at your table this holiday. Join Giancarlo Trimarchi in the kitchen to explore seasonal green vegetables that shine on the Holiday table. Learn how to select and prepare Brussel Sprouts, Romanesco Broccoli (Christmas Tree Broccoli), Rapini and Arugula (Rocket). Explore leafy greens and hearty vegetables and learn how these are each amazing immune system boosters for this time of year! Kale, Broccoli, Swiss Chard and Rapini are a few options we’ll discuss and all are incredibly delicious when sautéed and drizzled with balsamic. Plus, taste some family inspired dishes that you can incorporate into your own holiday meal. Add stunning green colour to your plate this holiday season, and introduce your guests to the unique and crisp flavours these cruciferous vegetables offer.
- Tutorial on Health Benefits and Uses;
- Enjoy Family Inspired Dishes.
- Kids under the age of 12 must remain accompanied by an adult.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products created in the class.
Giancarlo Trimarchi is a Partner of Vince’s Market, a regional independent grocer with five locations and a central commissary surrounding the GTA and a current member of the Board of Directors for CFIG. Giancarlo is a second-generation grocer and his primary responsibilities are as the organization’s Chief Financial Officer and Director of Marketing. Having grown up in the business, Giancarlo learned that their business was only as strong as the team that supported it – including the customers, vendors and the community it served. Giancarlo takes a collaborative approach, involving as many stakeholders as he can in sharing the mutual success. This approach aligns with customers looking to connect on a values-level with retailers and brands and with the goal of building longer lasting loyalty.