Make it your New Year’s resolution to eat clean and stay on top of meal planning and preparation. Your body deserves it! And what better way than by learning the brilliance of creating delicious meals in a jar. Refrigerate, Shake, Pour, Heat & Eat!
Join Chef Doris Fin, known for her plant-based philosophy, and get hands-on in the kitchen. In this fun cooking class, participants will prepare the ingredients together for 3 winter recipes (chopping, baking, blending). Learn important storage considerations and what ingredients work best for this type of application. Guests will build their jars together using the provided 3 Liter jars. The first layer is the sauce, then protein, then grain (rice/pasta), then greens, then optional seeds. Once shaken, it’s ready to be eaten out of the jar, or transferred to a bowl or plate. Smart meals for 2020 – yes please!
- Creamy Zucchini Pasta: Greek Dressing, Chickpea Salad, Roasted Veggies, Quinoa Pasta, Spiralized Zucchini and Pumpkin Seeds
- Burrito: Guacamole, Black Beans, Baked Sweet Potato, Lime Quinoa, Mixed Greens, Sunflower Seeds
- Creamy Beet-Orange: Beet-Orange-Coconut Vinaigrette, Lentils, Baked Beets, Quinoa Salad, Baby Spinach, Seeds
- Instructions and guidance by a professional chef;
- Learn techniques and trade tricks;
- Understand healthy, plant-based eating principles;
- Uncover money saving tips;
- 3 x 3L mason jars to take home 3 prepared meals;
- Receive take-home printed recipes.
- Suitable for tweens, teens and adults. Kids under the age of 12 must remain accompanied by an adult.
- Guests are requested to bring reusable containers for freezer storage.
- Allergy Alert – please note nuts, seeds and coconut are used during this workshop. We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early to leave plenty of time to find parking and beat traffic. This will allow the class to start on time for the enjoyment of all guests.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products in the class.
An award-winning chef, Doris Fin specializes in sustainable plant-based cuisine, teaches interactive culinary classes, caters private events, and is currently working on her cookbook, “Gather Cook Feast”. As she inspires others to return to the kitchen, she makes gathering, cooking, and feasting upon ingredients fun and educational for all ages. Follow her @chefdorisfin, Photo Credit: Robert Skuja