Winter is the ideal time of year for warm and comforting homemade soups. A variety of produce and a bit of creativity can create delicious soups that are flavourful and nutritious, freeze beautifully and offer incredible value. Join Chef Doris Fin, known for her plant-based philosophy, and get hands-on in the kitchen. This class will focus on building practical skills that will save you time, money and effort while adding 3 new, delicious and healthy recipes to your kitchen repertoire. You’ll learn how to maximize the flavour and nutritional value of seasonal ingredients, along with the techniques, seasonings and garnishes that make the perfect bowl of soup. This class concludes by enjoying the warmth of sharing a family-style meal around the communal tables. Be sure to bring containers and jars to take home a selection of soups for your freezer!
Creamy Squash and Apple Soup
Golden squash blended with tart and sweet apple makes for a warming and perfectly balanced soup. Garnished with toasted walnuts and a coconut drizzle for a bit of texture and contrast.
Red Pepper Bisque with Baked Mushrooms
Roasted red peppers, chickpeas and veggies are the base of this elegant and flavourful soup, complemented with broiled mushrooms for a savoury and delicious touch. Garnished with fresh herbs, the vibrant red and green will brighten any winter day.
This classic Eastern European soup is filled with loads of chunky veggies: beets, cabbage, carrots, onions, and of course a generous amount of dill. Garnished with sour cream (optional).
All soups are vegan & gluten-free
- Instructions and guidance by a professional chef;
- Learn techniques and trade tricks;
- Understand healthy, plant-based eating principles;
- Uncover money saving tips;
- Enjoy the culinary creations prepared in the class;
- Take home a selection of soups;
- Receive take-home printed recipes.
- Suitable for tweens, teens and adults. Kids under the age of 12 must remain accompanied by an adult.
- Guests are requested to bring reusable containers for freezer storage.
- Allergy Alert – please note nuts, seeds and coconut are used during this workshop. We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early to leave plenty of time to find parking and beat traffic. This will allow the class to start on time for the enjoyment of all guests.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products in the class.
An award-winning chef, Doris Fin specializes in sustainable plant-based cuisine, teaches interactive culinary classes, caters private events, and is currently working on her cookbook, “Gather Cook Feast”. As she inspires others to return to the kitchen, she makes gathering, cooking, and feasting upon ingredients fun and educational for all ages. Follow her @chefdorisfin, Photo Credit: Robert Skuja