Strawberry jam – a classic favourite! This sweet and delicious spread is very nostalgic for most people as it starts off as a childhood treat of choice. June berries are the perfect type of strawberries to use for making jam due to their sweet and juicy flavour, and small size. Making homemade jam is actually easier than most would think, and lasts for many months. In this fully interactive class, you will be guided to make your supply of strawberry jam using Foodland Ontario strawberries. You will be taught basic canning techniques using a delicious classic jam recipe. Bring your smile and leave with a healthy supply of jam to enjoy with family and share with friends this summer.
- Hands-on instructions and guidance by an expert;
- All canning supplies, labels and ingredients;
- Take-home your DIY supply of jam (approx 14-16 jars);
- Serving of delicious jam on toast;
- Acquire a strawberry recipe for future jam-ming!
- Suitable for ages 12+.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products created in the class.
Giancarlo Trimarchi is a Partner of Vince’s Market, a regional independent grocer with five locations and a central commissary surrounding the GTA and a current member of the Board of Directors for CFIG. Giancarlo is a second-generation grocer and his primary responsibilities are as the organization’s Chief Financial Officer and Director of Marketing. Having grown up in the business, Giancarlo learned that their business was only as strong as the team that supported it – including the customers, vendors and the community it served. Giancarlo takes a collaborative approach, involving as many stakeholders as he can in sharing the mutual success. This approach aligns with customers looking to connect on a values-level with retailers and brands and with the goal of building longer lasting loyalty.